Boasting year-round heat, a free-spirited community, and an endless supply of recreational opportunities to discover, moving to Palm Springs is a bucket list item for snowbirds and prospective home buyers of all ages across the nation. Before you embark on your Palm Springs relocation, however, here are some tips and tricks to help make the most of your move.
Neighborhoods To Explore
If your heart is set on moving to Palm Springs, here are some neighborhoods that might be a great fit for your new home.
- Rancho Mirage is a sophisticated community complete with lush gardens and extensive amenities in the heart of the Palm Springs Valley. Although known for its luxurious past as a sought-after destination for Hollywood stars, the Rancho Mirage neighborhood offers real estate of very reasonable value, considering its coveted location and gorgeous homes for sale.
- Cathedral City is sandwiched between Palm Springs and Rancho Mirage, and is considered one of the most affordable neighborhoods in the Palm Springs area. Cathedral City now has the 2nd largest population in the Coachella Valley, complete with a wide variety of property types to discover.
- Desert Park Estates is an ideal destination for families, due to its assortment of single-family homes and location near numerous esteemed schools, employers, and recreational opportunities.
Wondering which Palm Springs neighborhood is right for you? Contact the Ron Parks Team today for assistance in finding a new home that suits your needs.
Packing Advice & Tips For New Residents
Here are some general tips to keep in mind before loading up your suitcase and relocating to Palm Springs.
Donate Your Winter Clothes
You won't be needing your trusty snow pants and parkas in the Coachella Valley. Palm Springs weather is likely the opposite of what you're accustomed to: winters are pleasantly warm, while most residents seek air-conditioned refuge indoors in the height of the summer heat. Natural, breathable fabrics will be your best friend year-round as a new Palm Springs resident.
Keep Your Car
While the area includes a very reliable bus system, the sprawling Coachella Valley lacks a subway train, so long-distance commuting can be more challenging depending on your specific location. Especially if you're a night owl who enjoys plentiful weekend entertainment, it's wise to have a vehicle available to ensure you can visit all your favorite Coachella Valley hotspots.
Known as the golf capital of the world, Palm Springs is a community fit for the active lifestyle enthusiast. In addition to over 130 golf courses to choose from, the Palm Springs area is home to plenty of fitness studios, tennis courts, and local opportunities for swimming, hiking, and outdoor runs.
Palm Springs residents proudly express themselves through their unique clothing styles, eclectic music tastes, architectural passions, and art preferences. Don't be afraid to showcase your free spirit as a new member of the community, and be sure to check out the various cultural exhibits, festivals, and museums nearby, including the renowned Palm Springs Art Museum.
Trusted Moving Companies
Moving is often a stressful process, but choosing the right moving company shouldn't be. Trusted companies for local and national moving to the Palm Springs area include:
- A Class Movers and More
- Labrano's Family Moving & Storage
- AA Moving Experts Interstate & Out Of State
If you're still searching for your dream home in the Palm Springs & Coachella Valley area, try out the free RonParksTeam home finder service and have the listing you've been waiting for find you instead. Just specify what types of home you're looking for and we'll email you every time a home that meets your criteria becomes available on the market.